Monday, March 16, 2009

A Shocking Revelation


"Greetings in the name of Christ! I am here this morning from a village in Samaria to give you my testimony. Yes, I greet you in the name of Christ, because I now count myself as a follower of this Jesus of Nazareth, who I have come to believe is the Christ sent from God to save us. But how I came to believe, well, that's the surprising part--shocking, really. For this Jesus chose the most startling way to bring us God's message of love, and he chose the most unexpected source. Perhaps that's why so many of us came to believe in my village. Everything this Jesus did was so new and singular that he must be from God."Thus begins a first hand account of a man in the village of Sychar in Samaria. He describes what he witnessed when Jesus visited his village and talked to the woman at the well and. later, other villages. It's a story worth reading. Go to http://girardianlectionary.net/year_a/lent3a_1996_ser.htm for the full story.

No comments:

Post a Comment