Saturday, March 21, 2009

God is Blind!


God is blind.....
To outward appearance
To what seems to be
To labels
To judgement by prejudices
God looks on the heart.
There, God has eyes wide open.
Are our eyes wide shut?
When I look at God’s creation every day,
The stars, the hills, a blue sky, fresh rain
Do I see?
When I look at another
Do I take the time
to see?
to listen?
to appreciate?
to marvel?
When I look at the people of other countries
When I look at an immigrant, a refugee
Do I see God’s child?
When I look at the cross
Do I see the courage, the power
In the face of God
When I look at the cross
Do I see the message
"For You."
Rejoice!
God sees beyond all fault, all mistakes, all past, all facades.
He sees the child He made.
And God says
For you are beautiful, Son of Adam
For you are beautiful, daughter of Eve.
May we be blind as God is blind
May we be sighted as God is sighted.






from seedspot.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment