Monday, March 30, 2009

Leaving St. Therese


As you heard if you were at this weekend's liturgy, I will be leaving St. Therese this year.For those of you who weren't there, this is the text of my announcement:

Bishop DiLorenzo has asked me to leave our parish. Although I do not agree with his decision, I have agreed to go to another parish. I believe fighting this decision would not only be harmful to me; given the upheaval of the past year, it would also hurt our parish.

I know many of you may also be upset, but I have a proposal to offer:

Rather than give in to anger or bitterness, let us use these next few months to celebrate the 11 years I have been here and end it with a huge party!
For myself, I believe this is the best route to take; I also believe it is best for all of us.

1 comment:

  1. I can see how fighting this may not be good for you Father Robert, but can you give us a reason why we should not fight it for you? This seems more like a spiteful move by the bishop than something being done for the good of the church. How are we not suppose to get angry?

    ReplyDelete